Exclusive: Christmas time on the Danube
ALL IN PRICE: $2930.00 (CAD/Based on double occupancy)*
Total Savings: $1,200.00 (CAD/Per Couple).
*Upgrades available at additional charges.
Features & Benefits:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Panoramic windows.
- Elegant, contemporary design & decor.
- Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director.
- Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges.
- Covered Observation Lounge.
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day.
- Comfort Collection BedsSM with choice of mattress firmness.
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens.
- Bathrobes & slippers.
- Premium L'Occitane bath products.
- Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door.
- Flatscreen satellite TV with free movie channels.
- Individual climate control and in-room safe.
- USB Ports.
- Complimentary bottled water daily.
- FlexDining® for more venue and seating options, including flexible seating times in our Panorama Dining Room.
- Avalon Fresh® healthy cuisine options at every meal.
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with every lunch and dinner.
- Early and Late Riser breakfast options.
- Daily full buffet breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items.
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta or carving stations.
- Alternative light lunch at Sky Grill on the Sky Deck (weather permitting).
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches.
- Daily four-course a la carte dinner in the Panorama Dining Room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Includes selections of regional recipes, Western dishes and vegetarian options.
- Enjoy a tasting menu with a view in the Panorama Bistro - a less formal "sit-down" atmosphere while lingering over several satisfying selections.
- Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions and dinners with sparkling wine and canapés.
- Panorama Lounge featuring premium spirits and Avalon specialty cocktails, along with local entertainment special guests.
- Cocktails available on the Sky Deck.
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day.
- Canoe, kayak and jogging excursions.
- Maps for hiking, biking and jogging routes.
- Fitness and wellness activities.
Photo: Itinerary map of Christmas river cruise.
Vacation Start: December 1, 2021 Nuremberg
Vacation End: December 7, 2021 Vienna
DAY 1 - NUREMBERG, GERMANY (EMBARKATION) Welcome to Germany! Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding. Flights into Nuremberg must arrive by 3 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm. Indulge in traditional holiday fare and hot libations to warm your heart and soul. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN NUREMBERG. Meals: Dinner
Photo: Germany Danube, Regensburg at Christmas
DAY 2 - NUREMBERG Living Heritage and History Lessons. CLASSIC: Choose a Guided Tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, Gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle, OR: CLASSIC: Join a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds—used by the Third Reich. Spend free time on your own to browse the spruce stalls of the Christmas Markets of Nuremberg. Sample favourite Bavarian fare—from dozens of bratwurst varieties, gingerbread, mulled blueberry wine, and countless other culinary delights of the Christkindlmarkt. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO REGENSBURG. Meals: Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner DAY 3 - REGENSBURG Christmas Magic in Bavaria’s Medieval Miracle. DISCOVERY: Enjoy a Christmas Traditions Lecture on board while sailing this morning. CLASSIC: Join a Guided City Walk and see Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria—entrance to the Castra Regina fortress built in 179 AD. Take time to browse Regensburg’s sparkling Christmas markets. Enjoy hot-mulled wine, candied almonds, gingerbread, or bratwurst. DISCOVERY: Later, indulge in an on-board Beer Tasting to sample regional German brews. Enjoy live entertainment as you sail. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO PASSAU.
Meals: Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner DAY 4 - PASSAU Saint Stephens, Salzburg, and the Story of Silent Night. CLASSIC: Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers”. You may like to join a Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg, Austria. See the setting of The Sound of Music, and learn the story behind the beloved Christmas hymn, Silent Night. Spend free time in Passau’s charming Christkindlmarkt near magnificent St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Take a brief evening cruise to Linz, and go out for music and dancing or late-night dessert before sailing to Melk. OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MELK.
Meals: Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner
DAY 5 - MELK, AUSTRIA Striking Frescoes and the Breathtaking Wachau Valley. CLASSIC: Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings. DISCOVERY: Enjoy an Austrian Cookie Tasting while sailing through the splendid Wachau Valley to Vienna. Vienna’s Winter Wonderland. This evening, you may choose to attend an Optional Excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN VIENNA.
Meals: Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner
DAY 6 - VIENNA Royal Collections, and Culinary Confections. CLASSIC: Take a Guided Tour of Vienna to see the Imperial Palace complex—the winter residence of the Imperial family, OR: DISCOVERY: Join a Guided Culinary Tour of Vienna’s magical Christmas Advent Markets to sample Sachertorte and Apfelstrudel. You may join a Guided Optional Tour of Schönbrunn Palace—summer home of the Habsburg dynasty for 300 years. Spend free time on your own to enjoy the Christkindlesmarkt, or relax by the fire’s glow in a Viennese café this evening. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN VIENNA.
Meals: Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner
DAY 7 - VIENNA (DISEMBARKATION) Your cruise ends with breakfast this morning. • In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary. • Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time. • Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); responsibility for obtaining visas rests with the traveller.
Photo: Christmas market at Cologne Cathedral
Spend Christmas on the River. Book Now. Offer Expires June 4, 2021
Terms & Conditions: My deposit certifies that I have read, understand, and agree to the terms specified in the Globus family of brands River Cruise Group Sales Policy, the Globus family of brands Group Air Terms (for air inclusive bookings), and the terms and conditions page in the current year tour brochure that describes this tour. The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, Cosmos, Monograms or Avalon Waterways constitutes a contractual arrangement between the client and Globus, Cosmos, Monograms or Avalon Waterways and represents acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. I also certify that I have provided or will provide to each of my booked passengers, a copy of the terms & conditions page at the time of booking. WNV11201-721998
Terms And Conditions
My deposit certifies that I have read, understand, and agree to the terms specified in the Globus family of brands River Cruise Group Sales Policy, the Globus family of brands Group Air Terms (for air inclusive bookings), and the terms and conditions page in the current year tour brochure that describes this tour. The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, Cosmos, Monograms or Avalon Waterways constitutes a contractual arrangement between the client and Globus, Cosmos, Monograms or Avalon Waterways and represents acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. I also certify that I have provided or will provide to each of my booked passengers, a copy of the terms & conditions page at the time of booking.